Monday, August 18, 2008

Bourg St. Pierre, Switzerland

Today started off at about 9:30 again with breakfast at the Hotel Minerva. Same mystery meat and I didn't partake again so I filled up on cereal, yogurt and toast.

We loaded everything up and set off toward Speiz, Switz. We took secondary roads and mountain passes that resembled paved goat trails. There are glaciers and huge mountain ranges around every turn. It makes you want to stop every 5 turns and take a picture.

We took a break in Las Dabgrets, and tried to get a soda at "COOP" which seems to be the Euro equivalent of Safeway or Albertsons. However, the entire store was closed for lunch from 1200 to 1330. Another difference that I couldn't quite grasp. We ended up getting a Coke at a sidewalk cafe.

After we left, we started up another mountain pass to drop into Bex. On the downhill side of the pass was a winery directly on the hillside and the bottling station directly at the bottom.

We stopped for gas at Martigny, Switz. and I had a Red Bull Cola which is eventually going to come to the states. I'll have to bring one home and put it in my office.

After we fueled up we continued up the road 30km to Bourg St. Pierre where we found our hotel, parked the bikes and took a walk around the town and took some pictures and did touristy stuff. No t-shirt though.

We got back to the hotel, showered and headed down to dinner where our server didn't know any English, and we didn't know any French. This area must not be to common to receive a visit from two Americans who can't speak French, Deutch or Itilian. It was a quick lesson for all of us in basic communication. I took a stab at something with "befe" in it and I ended up with something resembling stew and it was mighty tasting. Of course, two beers is always understood.

Tomorrow we'll be going into Italy, and then through the Chaminoux tunnel and then take a gondola to Mt. Blanc.

Cheers!
Sent from my Mobile Device

2 comments:

[anonymous_blogger] said...

Red Bull Cola: I give it a thumbs down. They had that stuff at the X-Fighters Motocross event I went to in Fort-Worth. I was all excited for candy tasting cola and it just tasted like cheap Safeway cola.

Still no pix messages of hot chicks, what gives?

Ryan said...

I thought the same thing about the Red Bull Cola. It is shasta that is all natural. And 4EU a can. I got hosed. Pics of hot chicks forthcoming when I get home. Italy is the mecca.