Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day -1 and Day +1

Day -1 started with working in the Butte office. After finishing up at work and going to dinner at fred's, we did some quick repacking and I had to make a trip to walmart to pickup a few things that we had forgotten. Important things like razors, a tooth brush holder, a camera and memory card that will work with my phone so I can upload pictures since RIM (the makers of the BlackBerry 8330 "world edition") didn't deem it necessary to put a camera in the phone. Who takes pictures with their phone to upload to a blog after all?

After striking out on the camera (I need one that comes with a microSD card) and / or adapter we moved on and I was in bed by 11:30 for a 4:45 wake up to make the 6:30 flight out of Butte.

Day 1

4:45am came around way to quick and we were on our way to the airport. We diverted to WalMart again because after looking around the walmart website it seems they had a microSD card, with a regular SD adapter that would work perfect.

So, at 5:30am I went in WalMart and met my new friend Al. Al had to be paged to help because he is evidently the master walmarter and he is the only one who has keys to the memory card holder. Al is one of those guys where his only speed is slow. I am one of those guys who gets pissed at people like that. Al has to walk me to the check stand because "when I give these to kids, sometimes they don't make it to the check stand. Whatever.

We board with no problems, except the people who don't know how to fly. I have everything arranged perfectly and in quick fashion to breeze through the boarding process. And no matter what I always get stuck behind someone who has no idea that 9/11 happened and you have to have your liquids in little baggies.

Butte to SLC went really quick, and we headed up to the C concourse and boarded the flight to Atlanta because, as we were flying business/first class, we got to use the breeze way which again, makes me feel better than those flying in coach. Great job delta!

This was my first experience in business class and I was impressed. Since it was only 8:30am I didn't have a drink, but did have some OJ. After the hot towel that makes me feel like a fancy man, we ordered scrambled eggs for breakfast, which consisted of a fruit bowl, bagel, potatoes, ham and eggs. On real silverware and a place mat.

One thing about first class is there are 3 "flight attendants" who serve about 30 people so you get refills, food snacks, etc. At your whim. Back in cattle car, there are 4 for 200. I can get used to this.

Getting into ATL we had to use the "people mover" (read: subway) to get to the international concourse. After a quick snack of chips and queso from the mexican grill, we boarded on the Breezeway and were immediately met in our BuisnessElite cabin with a full pillow, full blanket, a welcome kit (tooth brush, mouth wash, slippers lotion, etc.) The most comfortable seat ever, And prompt service of a hello Mr. Morgan champagne send off. After that and a Miller Lite, we headed out of the gate. Upon reaching the first set of bells, our flight attendants came around with a bowl of heated mixed nuts and a rum and diet. I'm training for a marathon so I need to watch those empty calories!

Also, on international flights, first class get personal video stations with on demand movies, music and HBO. Currently playing: Flogging Molly - Float. I love it.

For dinner we had as a first course: seasoned shrimp served with avocado, salsa roso and Tomato Florentine Soup. Main course was grilled chicken ras el hanout, with a yogurt sauce and sauteed veggeis. 4th course was a cheese,fruit tray and desert was a sundae with hot fudge and a good desert wine. Followed by another drink and Ironman on-demand.

After a some sleep to try and acclimate myself to the new time (perhaps it was a good thing I only got 5 hours of sleep) we had another breakfast of scrambled eggs, a pastry and a fruit bowl with a full service of linens again.

We landed, cleared customs and are on the subway to our hotel.

Day 1 is over. Day 2 begins because its 8am.



Sent from my Mobile Device

3 comments:

[anonymous_blogger] said...

8:00 am is no excuse for not drinking. Pussy.

Jenelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenelle said...

Don't forget about the German stewardess... I suggest you work on your wooing skills because your dad obviously has a couple more years of experience on you.